For one of our Clients, we are looking for a Senior Automation Engineer with an expertise in Delta V DCS system to support the biopharmaceutical manufacturing process.
The position is based in the Bern area on the fully-automated, Industry 4.0, modern biopharmaceutical plant.
- Identifies and leads process and continuous improvement projects across various Manufacturing unit operations as well as Automation systems
- Troubleshoots process control systems and supports manufacturing operations
- Develops complex software solutions to support the site and capital projects
- Creates software design specifications, implements new control strategies and develops software test protocols in support of new products and processes
- Supports software and hardware that comprises the various Automation systems including DeltaV, OSI PI, Infobatch, Syncade
- Performs System administration duties
- Leads cross-functional teams to support alignment across sites for process and system improvements
- Mentors and leads junior level Engineers within the Department
- Allocates project tasks and provide direction to contract software engineers
- Maintains training, develops goals and tracks progress
- Participate in multi-function teams to implement change and improve on existing processes
- University degree in an Engineering discipline or Computer Sciences
- 8+ years in the Biotech industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of DeltaV distributed control system
- Comprehensive knowledge of cGMP and GAMP guidelines
- Knowledge of various other Automation systems including Data Historian (OSI PI), Data Acquisition Systems (DAS), Batch Reporting systems, MES (Syncade) and Siemens PLCs.
- Biotechnology or batch pharmaceutical experience production experience preferred
- Experience in Biotechnology Manufacturing specific areas: Cell Culture, Chromatography, Centrifugation, CIPSIP is a plus
- Fluency in English