On behalf of our Client - an international company operating in the Biopharma industry - we are looking for a Senior Director Manufacturing.
In this key role, you will directly manage the large-scale manufacturing plant in Switzerland. In collaboration with the leadership team, you will advance the operational, Corporate and community strategic goals.
- Responsible for operation of a large scale biologics manufacturing facility - overall leadership of site manufacturing operations and ensures alignment with Global Manufacturing strategies, policies and practices.
- Ensure site readiness for implementation of multiple clinical and commercial programs – both innovator and partnered programs.
- Ensure materials, personnel, and governing procedures are ready for continued concurrent manufacturing.
- Lead manufacturing organization that ensures flawless execution of a complex production schedule.
- Attract and hire top talent in bio-pharma. Provide development and career opportunities to retain key talent.
- Lead manufacturing functional leaders and managing a manufacturing operations budget.
- Drive continuous improvement to operations.
- Ensure alignment and consistency with other Manufacturing entities regionally.
- Represent the site in regulatory engagement activities
- B.S./Master’s/PhD degree in Biochemical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in a biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical operations environment
- Success in managing, motivating and continually strengthening a large, complex and multi-disciplinary organization.
- Highly entrepreneurial and able to lead a very complex operation.
- Practical knowledge and application of cGMP, cGLP, EMEA, and OSHA compliance regulations and inspections
- Experience interfacing with inspectors, investigators and/or agency personnel on the district and national scale.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to influence behaviours and negotiate and resolve challenges with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to all employment levels.
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills.
- Connected professionally to academic and industrial forums to enhance the external impact on the industry.
- Passionate and experienced in people management.
- Proficient at understanding and analyzing financial reports and overall business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, extrapolate data, synthesize and implement.